No Animals in the House
Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of animals in the house if they aren't alive!!! I don't mind the cute, cuddly ALIVE ones, but I am not a big fan of dead, stuffed ones in my house. Well, Gavin killed a deer, which apparently was a pretty nice one ( I know nothing about deer hunting), so he had it stuffed. We went to pick it up yesterday afternoon, and he was very impressed by it. Me, not so much. Since my husband knows how much I love deer heads over the mantel, he thought it would be funny to switch out my nice art work for horns while I was out running errands. I came home to Greyson staring at the mantel, while Gavin frantically tried to finish hanging them. It was pretty funny, but they have to go! Here is an email he sent out to all of his friends. I thought it was pretty funny.....
"The deer on the left I got in Maringouin, LA when I was 16. The deer on the right, I got last January on a ranch near Cotulla, TX ran by J.White Outfitters and Company. This is the only time the deer will ever be on display inside of my house again...so I have a lot more pictures if you want. After I took the pictures, I sat back and enjoyed a beer, and reminisced on the hunt for these two beasts. Then my wife came home............now the deer are in the garage..."
3 comments:
Gavin texted that picture to Steve yesterday. I told Steve that couldn't be in your house, because you would NOT be having it.
lol! yes, the deer must remain in our garage also. they just don't get it. tell Gavin that IS an impressive mount...
My Dad did the exact same thing one year around Christmastime. He had a whole house full of women opposed to deer heads on the wall. He hung one up while we were all gone... we came home and decorated it with Christmas ornaments on the antlers and a wreath around his neck. He took it down shortly thereafter... not exactly what he had in mind. :) Happy hunting!
Post a Comment